Global Woman Ltd Terms and Code of Conduct
Global Woman Club and The Businesswoman Today are an exclusive membership club for inspiring professional women in business around the world. These are the brand names of Global Woman Ltd
Our mission is to shape a visionary future for professional women in business, unifying professional women of all ages, cultures and race. Building a new paradigm for changing the world. Through our monthly breakfasts, conference and summit events, and The Businesswoman Today, we provide a global platform for professional women who want more visibility, global exposure and connect with like-minded women from across the world.
Global Woman Club and The Businesswoman Today
- Global Woman Club and The Businesswoman Today are part of Global Woman Ltd and the registered office is at 23 Westfields Park, Bristol, BS6 6LT UK (company number 09727799) a company limited by shares regulated by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the Companies Acts 1985 and 2006.
- Global Woman magazine is also part of Global Woman Ltd. Trademarks have been approved or pending in various global regions. The Proprietor has the exclusive right to use the Trade Mark and all trade names and all intellectual property of the Global Woman brands.
- Global Woman Ltd has these websites: globalwoman.co (magazine); globalwomanclub.com; thebusinesswoman.today; globalwomanshow.com; globalwomansummit.com The Proprietor owns all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Websites and its databases and the Magazine and in content posted by the members on the Websites.
Global Woman Club Objectives
- The Proprietor has established Global Woman Club and The Businesswoman Today (BWT) as a private membership club for women who agree to join and accept the terms and code of conduct.
- The objectives of Global Woman Club and the BWT are to develop, maintain and provide services and privileges to its members.
Global Woman Club Management
- The Proprietor shall be responsible for all actions and management of Global Woman Club and may delegate the management or any aspect thereof to its servants and agents as it deems fit, including powers and rights exercisable by the Club. Only the Proprietor and its directors, servants and agents may bind the Club but they may not make any pledge on behalf of members.
- The Proprietor may terminate any delegation, in whole or in part, at any time and assume direct responsibility for any Club or function or determination and its decisions shall be final.
Applications for Membership
- Any professional woman in business is eligible to apply for membership of Global Woman Club, subject to the approval of the Regional Director and ultimately the proprietor.
- Prospective members must be eighteen years or older.
- Admission to membership shall be at the sole discretion of the Regional Director and the proprietor. In exercising its discretion, the Regional Director and proprietor shall have regard to the furtherance of the good name and reputation of the Global Woman Club.
- There is no obligation to give a reason for refusal or cancellation of membership but it may be given at the sole discretion of the Regional Director or the proprietor.
- You have the right to change your mind and cancel within 7 days of making payment, whether in full or part if the purchase has been made directly at a Global Woman Club event, by contacting your regional director or sending an email to email@example.com
- In the EU the 14 days cooling off period only applies if you purchase your membership online or not at a Global Woman Club event.
- There is no obligation to give any refund for a cancellation beyond the specified times referred to in points 5 or 6.
- There are three types of membership. Global Woman Club: Star; Premium; Online.
- Benefits of premium membership include:
- Attend any Global Woman Club Breakfast or Evening event anywhere in the world and speak to the room.
- Exclusive opportunities to participate in Club Projects. E.g. Book project
- Speak to the room in front of the audience and distribute cards and leaflets
- Be part of an exclusive private Facebook group for members only, an opportunity to connect, communicate and collaborate with other members worldwide
- 50% discount to attend any breakfast or evening event within the membership period
- A personal profile for each member on the Member Website.
- Special Offers and Discount Ticket Prices for Global Woman full day events and other partnership events
- 50% discount to attend the annual Global Woman Summit
- Webinars by leading experts
- Webinar Library – Listen at your convenience!
- Access a ready built global professional network that will help you to achieve your career aspirations
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Monthly Event Mailer
- Benefits may be changed, removed, or added from time to time and members will be notified in advance of such changes.
- The expectation of members are to pay the Membership Fees and act in accordance with the Code of Conduct. Members should inform the Regional Director of any change of address and contact information including telephone and email.
- The duration of Club membership shall be annual and run from the first day of payment received. Renewal is automated but you will be reminded one to two months prior to the end of your current period with the option to cancel.
- A formal register of members will be held centrally by Global Woman Club and subject to all data and privacy protection laws (EU GDPR compliant).
- In consideration for the privileges and benefits of membership, Global Woman Club shall charge members an annual subscription membership fee, payable in full, when due for the following year before the end of the current membership period.
- The amount of the Membership Fee will be determined annually by Global Woman Ltd.
- The Membership Fee will be debited annually on the date given in the renewal reminder, unless cancelled. If you have not paid online when joining, you will be invited again to do so.
- Membership is personal and non-transferable and members must not share their personal subscription with another person either by sharing the membership benefits, Card or Website access information.
Code of Conduct
- The communication of information concerning Global Woman Club, its affairs, and its members to the media is strictly prohibited unless otherwise explicitly authorised by the proprietor. Usually all public relations and publicity is handled or overseen centrally.
- Unless agreed otherwise, information on members or members’ guests, matters raised in conversation between members (both where the parties are physically in the same place or at a distance communicating electronically) are strictly private and not to be used for journalistic purposes.
- No member may use Global Woman Club’s intellectual property rights or the Trade Mark without the express permission of the proprietor. In particular, no member shall make any representation of endorsement by Global Woman Club without the express permission of the Proprietor or Regional Director.
- Members shall deal with other members with respect and courtesy in all encounters and conversations, including when communicating electronically. Members must respect the privacy of others and refrain from repeating unsolicited approaches to members, where approaches are unreciprocated.
- Abusive or inappropriate content and/or conduct will not be tolerated by Global Woman Club.
- Members must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy and UK, EU and US laws in their Website use and contributions, including member to member communications. Such use and content must not be defamatory of any person, be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory or promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. It must not infringe any intellectual property rights of any other person. It must not threaten, abuse or invade another´s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person. It must not be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent any identity or affiliation.
- Members must not extract data from the Website for inappropriate commercial uses (by harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) or knowingly introduce viruses, trojans, worms or other material which are malicious or technologically harmful.
- Any member who behaves in a manner which falls below the Code of Conduct or Acceptable Use Policy may be asked to provide an explanation to the Proprietor or Regional Director.
- Members may be warned, suspended or expelled from the Global Woman Club, an event or activity, including access to the Businesswoman Today website, for failure to pay Membership Fees, a breach of the letter and/or spirit of these guidelines and policies, including the Code of Conduct, or if Global Woman Club considers in its absolute discretion that the conduct of a member is contrary to the interests of the Club or the Club considers they are unfit to remain a member. Global Woman Club is not obliged to provide reasons for sanctions decisions, including expulsion, and any deliberations and other information on the same shall be in strict confidence.
- Any member expelled, for whatsoever reason, shall forfeit all privileges and benefits of membership and all rights against the Club. There will be no obligation to give any refund but at its sole discretion, a partial refund may be given.
- Member’s complaints shall be made in writing to the Committee, through firstname.lastname@example.org and the resolution of the complaint shall be at the sole discretion of the Club. There shall be a right of appeal to the Proprietor against either the finding or the sanction and the decision of the Proprietor shall be final and binding.
Ticket purchases through Eventbrite, other platforms, or websites owned and hosted by Global Woman Ltd
Your right of refund for a ticket(s) purchased for a Club or full day/multiple days event, will be as stated on the platform or the website. It may be up to 7 days before the event date, 30 days, or no refund at any time. Regardless, in the rare circumstance of an event being cancelled, for any reason, you have no right of refund beyond the stated period. An alternative date may be offered, or a ticket to a different event.
- By posting data on the Website or consenting to the same, members grant Global Woman Ltd a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to publish it as posted, subject to their privacy settings and the right of any member at any time to request the Club cease to publish the same. This license ends when members delete their content or their membership subject to retention (but not further publication) for regulatory purposes as below.
- The Global Woman Club is not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of members or third parties. The Club will immediately remove content on receipt of an Abuse Report and any Website content in breach of the Code of Conduct or Acceptable Use Policy should be reported immediately to the Club by email to email@example.com and state in the subject heading ‘Abuse Report’. Global Woman Ltd tries to keep the Websites operational secure, bug-free, and safe, but members use it at their own risk and it is provided “as is” without any express or implied warranties including warranties of performance, quality merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Third Party software or applications, if any, are provided strictly on third party terms.
- The Website may collect information about member computers, including IP addresses, operating systems and browser types, for system administration and performance maximization. The Club may obtain information about member Website use by a cookie file which is stored on the computer hard drives to help improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable the Club to store information about member preferences, and allow it to customize the Website according to member’s interests and speed up searches.